Monday, March 12, 2012

How it all began

I graduated high school in January 1990. I was starting Ryerson in Septmber 1990. What was I going to do for six months? Well, my uncle thought being a travel agent would be a great idea. His friends owned two travel agencies and said that I could get a job there. Sure, why not….

And so it began. Even during my time in school, I continued to work part time in travel.  For the first year I didn’t really travel anywhere close to exotic or tropical. I think I went to Florida. But the more I worked at it, the more interesting it became, and thus began my 21 year career as a travel consultant.
In that time I have had the most amazing travel experiences. More than I could have ever imagined in my life.

I have seen totem poles in Alaska, the Accropolis in Greece, made a wish at the Trevi Fountain, went up The Peak in Hong Kong.

I have taken a cable car from the mountain top of Santorini to the bottom, I have been at the most southern tip of the United States in Key West, and the end of the Route 66 at the Santa Monica Pier.
And through all of that, I always think about how lucky I am to have had the chance to have these experiences.

That is what The Stamps in My passport is all about. What I have seen, heard, eaten, learned about a half my life as a travel agent. I encourage you all to come along with me in this journey. I can’t wait to share with you all that I have learned along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment